19 October 2011

The one where I flail...a lot!

Hi guys!

It's been a weird week.  I've been sort of going cold turkey in the post book release vacuum.  Post release is a funny place to be.  Unless you're like a publishing superstar who is whisked off for a whirlwind 10 city signing tour and have publicists working their magic behind the scenes setting you up with interviews, TV appearances, and conference panels, you're sort of left to your own devices.  You feel like you should be doing something, going places, screaming from the roof tops 'Go buy my book', but you can't do that. It really annoys people. You can only send your little offering out into the big bad world and hope that people will like it enough to buy it, and then go tell other people to buy it. Then maybe talk about it, write blogs, and if they're really feeling enthusiastic, they can go to the roof tops and scream like lunatics to buy it, that's perfectly okay with me, in fact, I'd love you for it.

And, my dear friends, it appears that you have been doing just that! 

Over the weekend, Carrier of the Mark sold out in many Canadian book stores, and it shot up the rankings on Amazon and Barnes and Noble. It's been at the No. 3 spot in The most wished for YA love and romance listings.  It's been to No. 2 on the YA love and romance bestseller list!! Carrier has made the top 100 teen books in Barnes and Noble! And yesterday, Carrier made it to no. 8 on the top 10 top books at HarperTeen.  It's up there with I Am Number Four, The Power of Six, The Vampire Diaries, and Pretty Little Liars.  You might be noticing a trend.  Yes, they are all major TV shows and movies.

So how on earth did my little book get in there with all the big boys?  Well that would be you guys.  All you gorgeous people who went out and bought Carrier, and then sang its praises, you made this happen, and I love you all so much for helping Carrier get to where it is today. I <3 you all...lots.

*Smooches*

Leigh