31 January 2011

Monday Morning Bits & Bobs Roundup - The Madness Continues

I've just had the craziest three days of my life.  On Friday, the HarperCollins press release went out, announcing the publishing deal for The Carrier of the Mark.  That Friday, I got a fab piece written on me in the New York Times... GAH! Yeah, The New York Times.



But that was not the end of it.  On Saturday I had a one third page spread written on me, complete with huge pictures, in The Irish Examiner.



Then on Sunday, an even bigger half page spread appeared in The Sunday Times (get a load of that humongous picture... it's actually a little embarrassing).



In between dying of embarrassment over these amazing press articles, I've been on Facebook, Twitter, inkpop, Goodreads etc .etc. Thanking everyone for all their kind words of encouragement.  I've also been inundated with interview requests, so I"m spending a lot of time typing up my replies (If you're waiting on one, I'll have it back to you super quick...promise).  Even as I type this, I'm expecting a call from NUI Galway (National University of Ireland) who are doing a radio interview with me!! I say again... GAH!

Thank you everyone who has supported me and The Carrier of the Mark, I wouldn't have been able to do it without you guys.  You're just the best.

Talk to you Wednesday for The Wednesday Whinge. Bet you're thinking, 'what on earth could she have to whinge about', but don't worry, I'll think of something... I always do.

Oh yes, and before I sign off, The Carrier of the Mark has it's own Page over on Facebook.  I'd love if you'd check it out and perhaps 'like' it.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1046370150#!/pages/The-Carrier-of-the-Mark/177739738913311

The Carrier of the Mark as already up on Goodreads too, and it's going up on shelves everywhere.  I'd love if you could add it to yours.  And if you've read it on inkpop perhaps you'd add a rating and a little review?  I'd love you forever if you would.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10335701-the-carrier-of-the-mark

That's it for the roundup.  Thanks a million guys, for everything, I mean it.  You've all been amazing.

Leigh